LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Automation Stopped Working to Close out Game

ryanjohnson

Hello Everyone, I took a look through the forums, saw how helpful this community is, and after finding no solutions thought that maybe I should post my problem here! 

I have a media PC in my basement that I use to stream Big Box over Moonlight (Steam Link app for android, Windows, Etc..)

Except I am having a really hard time getting this controller automation setup to work right... For some reason or another I cant for the life of me get the controller automation to work in order to close the game I'm currently playing. I should mention that this used to work great and after a reinstall (due to another issue that required it) now it no longer seems to work okay. This is super disappointing as I've spent DAYS trying different settings for controllers, and nothing seems to work... The controllers works fine to navigate the menus, works fine in game, and the automation seems to actually work when not in a game (tested with volume up/down while in Big Box). However, for whatever reason as soon as a game is launched. I cannot use my defined buttons to exit the emulator and go back to Big Box.

I'm so close to having this working, and having the emulation machine of my dreams! I have attached photos of my settings both in Big Box and Steam, in hopes that someone a bit smarter than me can pick out what might be wrong... If anyone has any other hunches let me know and I'm happy to provide anything you need. 

TLDR: Controller Automation stopped working to close out the game, the automation works while in the Big Box menu. However, while in game it seems to fail... The current Big Box setup is being used through Moonlight/Steam Link so I suspect controller handoff might be a factor at play here... Below are all pictures of my config for both Steam and BB

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Edited by ryanjohnson

• 11 months later...

Same issue. I'm able to configure zsnes to exit by pressing the right joy stick on my Bluetooth Xbox one controller, though.

In LB, I can clear and readd the button 7+8 combo, but after launching any game through any emulator, the assigned combo fails. 

I'm using latest moonlight to stream to windows 10, latest LB premium (and beta), drivers, emulators (zsnes, pcx2, retroarch and it's cores, etc) with a bluetooth Xbox one controller. Due to stream performance issues, opted to connect same controller with USB via usb hub to Android TV box.