LaunchBox Community Forums

Syntax issues - Perfect Dark 1964 UltraFast

kaega2

Hello everyone. 

I'm trying to launch Perfect Dark or GoldenEye with Launchbox. The syntax requirements, at least to my understanding, are terribly picky/stubborn, and I'm not getting it to launch the way I want.

You use the -g flag to specify the game you want from the emulator's set ROM Directory like this

1964.exe -g GoldenEye_007.zip

Here's the problem with it

• You cannot have quotes around the ROM name
  • You cannot have the path preceding the ROM name (emulator fills this in using the set active ROM directory)
  • You MUST include the file extension

I can set the option to not use quotes in the emulator, that seems to be fine. I can't set Launchbox to disregard the ROM path without also disregarding the extension. I need one without the other. 

I have managed to get it to launch correctly just as a program in launchbox, but then I can't use the autohotkey script to end the program with ESC. If there's a way to customize a script for a single game rather than the emulator, let me know. 

Any suggestions?