LaunchBox Community Forums

Force display of Japanese cover art

utopicide

HI all,

I strongly prefer Japanese box cover art, as it is frequently vastly superior to its Western counterparts. (I'm a PC Engine fan, and the Western cover art is often downright hideous.)

If I choose Japan as my preferred region when importing combined ROMs, I get my preferred Japanese cover art, but the default ROM will also be the Japanese variant, which is not good because I don't speak Japanese.

If I choose North America/World/United States as my preferred region(s), I can play the games in English, but the inferior box art displays in Launchbox.

Currently, the only way to accomplish my preference is to set up multiple instances of each platform--one for playing, and one for prepping images--and then moving image files around on the hard drive. It's a big hassle. Am I missing something? Ideally, I'd be able to set region preference for cover art and ROM combination independently (and maybe I can, and I just don't know how). Or, maybe there are other, more efficient workarounds.

I can't be the only person with this preference, and I'd be grateful for any ideas on how to do this more easily.

Cheers, Aaron