LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem getting dualshock 2 (PS2) controller to work with Windows 10

kol

Hi I really hope someone can help me with this problem

So I'm getting kind of desperate about now. I bought a cheap blue USB/PS2 adapter and I've been trying to get it to work. When I plug it in along with my controller, it installs drivers and gives me the impression that it works. It is listed as "Twin USB Joystick" and shows 2x "HID-compliant game controller" and the "USB Input Device". However, when I go to the device in Devices and Printers, then Properties to test the inputs, it doesn't register my inputs at all. I have also tried Xpadder and x360ce and they don't register my inputs either.

I should say that the red light appears on both the blue adapter and on my controller when I click the ANALOG. I have also tried installing the driver that comes with SCPserver, and I get a similar problem. I have tried several restarts and trying different USB ports on my PC.

Hope to get this to work as I'm getting tired of using keyboard for these games and I want to get the controller working for CTR :D