LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove certain games

Latch

Ello all,

I've recently started to take my collection seriously again and after some thought I have decided that I only want EU/NA official releases (There may be a few J/UNL games I want but I can always add them later) so my question is this, does anyone know a program or tool that will do all the hard work for me? If it was just the case of a few hundered games I would just do it myself but here we are talking in the region of 15k+.

I've filtered some by looking for (j) and (unl) but it never gets them all as some games such as 'babys day out' for the genesis are not labled as unl but are not officially released so they bypass my filter. I was looking for a list of all official releases but again, thats just an insane amount of time.

Any ideas?

I've found that the best way of doing this is importing the whole set and then going into Tools -> Audit and sorting by region. By holding down shift you can select whole regions of games that you don't want in your collection and either delete them from your library or bulk edit them to have the "Hide" flag. There are also "Prototype" and "Unlicensed" options if the files in your set are named properly.

It would be neat if there was a global option to show/hide games based on region or an option in the import wizard for skipping games based on some criteria but I don't think anything like that exists yet.
image.thumb.png.fad050a3e7fb6bb0725cf604149c8871.pngimage.thumb.png.6617126b6fdac8abcff4a6bfb3fd896d.png