LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request][Marquee]

XeviaN360

Hi all!

A feature that i personally would like to have, is to intercept/modify/personalize the call that Bigbox make to display the Marquee on the second monitor. Or, alternatively, the possibility to graphically adapt che marquee to the secondary monitor. I'll just explain why.

I made a totally custom cab, with a retroprojected active marquee. Due to position on projector, mirror tilt angle, frustum projection, the marquee image is not centerd and is not straight projected. So i need to take marquee image and adapt using angles handles, like you do in Photoshop when free transforming. Something like that:mar.jpg.0ea7ca389dabe56df515d065b790b1ae.jpgI know this is a very rare case, so making an editor to fit marquees to the monitor should be not many useful for many of the users. But the ability to launch a specified commandline whenever the user change the displayed game inside Bigbox could be very useful for my case. 

I'm a game developer and i'm making that tool, but i need to call it with the marquee filename. I will use it, by now, on a batch, after launching the emulator, to display the correct marquee while playing (but i need to retrieve the marquee filename, is that the same as the rom name?).

If it is not possible to launch external exe file when selecting a game, i think i will made something like a graphical equalizer for the music or something like that. 

Let me know what do you think about that :)

(here's the cab (wip))

cab.jpg

Edited by XeviaN360