LaunchBox Community Forums

[Solved] Changes not saving

firedoggod

i have just discovered that the changes that i am making in my arcade platform are not saving after exiting launchbox. 

for example i have been making tapper launch the alt graphics version by default as well as set it as a favorite and rate the game and while LB stays running those changes stay, but as soon as i shut down lb and start it up again it reverts back to a unmodified state.

i have so far deleted the arcade db and made sure the arcade xml was wiped out and then re imported the library to no avail. i also saw something about wipeing out the lb cache so i renamed my listcache but that didint fix it. (not sure if there is some other cache). 

edit: just cleared windows temp files using disk cleanup. also no change. 

any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Edited by firedoggod
solved
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

further investigating i have found that the changes i am making are indeed present in the arcade.xml file in the data\platforms\ folder however it seems that this is not the file that launchbox is loading. i was able to shutdown LB then delete the xml and then load it back up and the arcade platform was still there and fully functional. 

• Like 1

ok i resolved it. looks like for whatever reason it must have been loading a xml from the backup folder not sure which one it loaded but all 5 of the backups even tho they have a timestamp that matches up with the changes were missing the changes in all cases. i shutdown lb, moved the backup folder to the root then reran lb and the problem is now fixed. i would have to guess this is some kind of defect in launchbox. hope this helps anyone with similar issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1