LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will allow me to import a game, but when I restart it disappears from list

brucedlx

I am trying to add a PSX game to my launchbox. It adds properly, shows up in my list, and I can play it. But as soon as I close launchbox/switch to big box it's gone?

I feel like the xml file is reverting when I close it or something? 

For what it's worth, I'm doing everything portable and my launchbox is not on C: drive, but on a cloud drive which syncs to storage only drive (D: in this case). Maybe OneDrive is screwing it up? But it always worked before this latest update.

Any help is appreciated.

OK Since no1 helped, I'll post my solution that I found after continuous googling. 

I went into the the following launchbox directory: (*:/Launchbox/data/platforms) and to my surprise, for ps1 and ps2 there were 2 xml files, one of them was regular old playstation.xml but there was also one called playstation_DESKTOP_******.xml (the *s were just random numbers). I removed the DESKTOP ones as in windows it showed they hadn't been modified for months, whereas the regular ones were just modified today. 

I don't know where those duplicate XML files came from but removing them solved the problem.

P.S. I didn't actually delete them right away just incase, moved them out of the folder incase I needed em again. Now I'll delete em. 

Edited by brucedlx

• 1 month later...