LaunchBox Community Forums

Bug in the database

MJF

Yesterday a request was made (not by me) to change both the overview and add a non-wikipedia link to the wikipediaURL field. I accepted the overview, but rejected the non-wiki link.

However, the non-wiki link was accepted by others. So I decided to actually go ahead and remove this link (which was also accepted) However, when doing this, it also tried to revert the overview back to the original one, which I did not select to do, but it came up on my changes... When the only field I clicked on to change was the wiki link... BTW this is the second time this has happened to me, as it happened a while back with a different game...

BTW the game in question that I did this too is Hawk F-123 on the TurboGrafx-CD. No I'm not asking you to revert the rejected change to the overview, as that DESERVED to get rejected, all I am asking is to find what's causing this bug and so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I noticed this same exact request that you made to remove the non-Wikipedia link from Hawk F-123's entry yesterday. I had no idea that some kind of bug was at play at the time - I assumed that whoever was putting in the request at the time (I didn't know who they were) thought that the old overview was better than the new one for some reason. I disagreed with wanting to change overview back to the old one since I felt the new was better than the old, so I rejected the request to change it back while accepting wanting to remove the non-Wikipedia link. I don't recall encountering any other instances like this since then. 

You mentioned that you encountered this same exact bug before with another game. Do you remember how long ago this second occurrence was? I ask because I'm wondering if this bug with the Database is a recent issue or not. Not sure how it'll help, but I figure it'd at least give us a starting point of some kind to work with.