LaunchBox Community Forums

Import only Specific Windows Folder/s?

Firefairy

I am pulling in my Windows games into a clean database, and I noticed the text says it is scanning the files and folders I selected, but there was never an option (that I saw) to choose to aim it at only specific folders. Is this a thing? It would make dealing with importing just the games I installed manually a lot easier.

12 minutes ago, Firefairy said:

I am pulling in my Windows games into a clean database, and I noticed the text says it is scanning the files and folders I selected, but there was never an option (that I saw) to choose to aim it at only specific folders. Is this a thing? It would make dealing with importing just the games I installed manually a lot easier.

The windows importer scans your start menu folder for your games, so there is no way to specify folders there. If you have all your shortcuts in one folder however you can just drag and drop that folder onto Launchbox to start the import wizard, and choose the "None of the above" option so that they are imported as files and not associated with a emulator.

Hm... is there any way to do a wider scan without there being Start Shortcuts? I have a zillion games, and part of the reason I use programs like LaunchBox is so that I won't have a zillion shortcuts in my Start menu. Steam and GOG cover most of it, but I also have games I installed using Itch or from Humble that I would like to gather into LaunchBox without having them in my Start menu.

When I do it by folders, I have to tell it which of many, many files is the executable. It would be nice if it at least only included files as options that can actually run.

Edited by Firefairy
Adding additional information about what I have tried.