LaunchBox Community Forums

Best way to run a DS4 and a Wiimote?

SuperDerpBro

Can one run two Bluetooth dongles? I have one for my DS4. I use it for everything from 2600 to Gamecube/PS2. I would like to use a real Wiimote for Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and possibly Skyward Sword. Haven't played these in ages, and would like to. Anyways, DS4Windows wants exclusive mode and gets testy if it does not have it. The best way to use a dongle with dolphin is also exclusive, or "passthrough" mode. So, can i just buy another and run two? Or will they fight each other?

I want to be able to switch between say, a NES game with the DS4 to a Wii game with a Wiimote, without having to fiddle with any settings in between. Trying to make this box as couch worthy as possible. If you know that i mean.

I tried today with my single adapter and each breaks the other. Even if i don't use passthrough in Dophin (Just the normal emulate with real Wiimote), DS4Windows gets angry when i go back to it.

Cheers.

Edited by SuperDerpBro

Are you using a DolphinBar for your Wiimotes? I have both my DS4 controllers set up through my laptop bluetooth and I also have a DolphinBar set up so if I plan on using my Wiimotes I can. I have not seen any issues with either controller. If you have Dolphin set to use a real Wiimote then it will default to that when you boot a game and if you boot something that uses the DS4 controller it should default to that. If you are not using a DolphinBar I highly suggest getting one, having a usb powered bluetooth dongle that doubles as a sensor bar is great and it is fairly easy to set up.