LaunchBox Community Forums

Potential side income!

DXTJam

Hi all,

A while ago I posted on subreddits asking people to complete my survey on potential custom box art. Well judging from the multiple movie and game subreddits I have visited, it seems like people agree with the fact that the appearance of the movie or game box cover effects their purchasing decisions towards the product. This is my proposal to you, why not take this chance to show-off your custom box art skills and listing it on a website for an extra bit of money? You're doing what you love and, by making money from sales, you're making a side income for however long this idea lasts.Obviously if someone is wanting seperate box art, there are dedicated to keeping it right? So because of this, box art without the original logo can be accepted. This should solve the legal side of things. Spark a discussion in the comments below, I want to hear your ideas!

Many thanks,

James

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. That's cool that your survey has shown that people value custom box art. It is an excellent opportunity for people to use their skills and make extra money. I'm sure there are a lot of talented artists out there who would love to get involved with this idea. I suggest you learn how to get paystubs to manage your finances and invest more into this idea. Good luck with everything, and I hope it takes off!

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2020 at 8:46 PM, DXTJam said:

Hi all,

A while ago I posted on subreddits asking people to complete my survey on potential custom box art. Well judging from the multiple movie and game subreddits I have visited, it seems like people agree with the fact that the appearance of the movie or game box cover effects their purchasing decisions towards the product. This is my proposal to you, why not take this chance to show-off your custom box art skills and listing it on a website for an extra bit of money? You're doing what you love and, by making money from sales, you're making a side income for however long this idea lasts.Obviously if someone is wanting seperate box art, there are dedicated to keeping it right? So because of this, box art without the original logo can be accepted. This should solve the legal side of things. Spark a discussion in the comments below, I want to hear your ideas!

Many thanks,

James

On 4/7/2023 at 12:05 PM, JaneHomy said:

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. That's cool that your survey has shown that people value custom box art. It is an excellent opportunity for people to use their skills and make extra money. I'm sure there are a lot of talented artists out there who would love to get involved with this idea. I suggest you learn how to get paystubs to manage your finances and invest more into this idea. Good luck with everything, and I hope it takes off!

I am sorry to write on this old thread but I am very interested if everything is ok with you? And what happened with you?