LaunchBox Community Forums

[Workaround Found] BigBox visually unresponsive after exiting Dark Souls 2

falcon2001

Hey, I'm using BigBox (Win10, latest version of Launchbox) and when I exit a game like Dark Souls 2, the visuals are 'stuck'. The audio still plays, which is interesting, because for example if I use the controller it's still navigating around (audio cues are playing, and it's clear that they're moving through menus), but the visuals are stuck on the selection for that game, which is what I'd expect to see at the end. Notably, it doesn't show the Game Over screen that I see on emulators/etc.

Emulators seem to work just fine.

• falcon2001 changed the title to BigBox visually unresponsive after exiting Dark Souls 2 (and maybe others)

Im not sure if I can be much help to be honest, sounds a bit "out of my league" but anyway....

When BB becomes unresponsive can you use the mouse to click on BB, does it become responsive again. Or can you alt tab to BB does it become responsive again?

Does dark souls have "window mode". If yes try putting it in window mode and see if it behaves the same way.

Edited by jayjay

Interesting results! Thanks Jayjay for the suggestions.

• When it becomes unresponsive, mouse interaction doesn't do anything, and neither does alt-tabbing. A hotkey to exit the program still works successfully though.
  • If I alt-tab while the game's playing, BB works fine.
  • In windowed mode when I exit the game, this issue doesn't happen

That's pretty interesting. Unfortunately this game doesn't support a borderless window which would be my next test. For now I can just alt-enter to go into windowed before exiting, but I'm wondering what's causing this.

Edit: if anyone finds this later - https://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259734945152/ this fixed it for me. Just an offset windowed mode seems to work just fine.

Edited by falcon2001
added info
  • Like 1

• falcon2001 changed the title to [Workaround Found] BigBox visually unresponsive after exiting Dark Souls 2