LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom cover/background pictures

justapinoypassingby

Hi, idk if someone already figured this out, but im gonna do it anyway.

To add or change the cover art of a game, you must download the pic you want of course.

Once done, copy it 

Then after that, locate the directory of the launchbox app,go to your file manager, Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox 

Now navigate to files/LaunchBox/images/(whatever platform your game is)

Youll see 3 folders here

If you want to change the thumbnail, go to Box - Front - Thumb, 

(Background) go to Background

(Full cover) go to Box - Front - Full

paste the pic to the folder of whatever cover you want to change

Inside the folder you'll see the cover pictures of your games. Now copy the name of the cover picture you want to change. (You can do that by holding it then choose rename)

After you copied it, delete it then rename the picture you pasted.

Paste the name, make sure its a .jpg file, and youre done

Make sure you imported your games first on launchbox, otherwise you wont see the files

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, justapinoypassingby said:

Hi, idk if someone already figured this out, but im gonna do it anyway.

To add or change the cover art of a game, you must download the pic you want of course.

Once done, copy it 

Then after that, locate the directory of the launchbox app,go to your file manager, Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox 

Now navigate to files/LaunchBox/images/(whatever platform your game is)

Youll see 3 folders here

If you want to change the thumbnail, go to Box - Front - Thumb, 

(Background) go to Background

(Full cover) go to Box - Front - Full

paste the pic to the folder of whatever cover you want to change

Inside the folder you'll see the cover pictures of your games. Now copy the name of the cover picture you want to change. (You can do that by holding it then choose rename)

After you copied it, delete it then rename the picture you pasted.

Paste the name, make sure its a .jpg file, and youre done

Make sure you imported your games first on launchbox, otherwise you wont see the files

Hey I tried this tonight and could not get it to work. I have imported some Amiga CD32 games and few of them did not import the covers.i.e. "Alien Breed : Tower Assault".

I have saved a cover to the relevant images folder but it still does not work. I even tried to rename it "Alien Breed Tower Assault" without the colon : (I also renamed the title in the data file) and the title change worked (the game title has updated in Android Launchbox) the thumbnail picture did not work and I still have a blank no picture thumbnail on the game. Can you clarify the steps you have taken?