LaunchBox Community Forums

Stuttering Audio

CaptainHxx

Hi All,

For some reason on all games / emulators the audio in them has started to stutter.  I no idea why and the system has been running fine for a 6+ months.  Currently an i7 with 16 GB of RAM.  I've tested:

- Various games, various emulators, still persists

- All drivers updated

- Nothing bad in the event logs

- Any other video works fine

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?  I've even downgraded to 10.7 just to see what's going on, but no luck there.

• 5 months later...

Amazing that this got no replies so long ago... I have this exact same problem now. Most games are fine, but a handful have very bad stuttering audio.

The thing is, they ONLY stutter when launched from BigBox. If I launch directly from MAME, or even LaunchBox, they play absolutely fine. It's only BigBox causing the issue.

EDIT: I have narrowed it down to the Banner Box theme. Other themes let me play these games without audio issues. My PC is fine to run the theme, I really went overboard with the specs so that I could run modern fighters like Street Fighter V and Injustice, so I know my hardware isn't the problem.

Edited by MrXBob

I went into the theme and removed the BG.mp4 video that plays in the background, which solves the issue. It's almost as if the video continues playing in the background while a game is running... clogs up resources way more than it should. Will replace it with something else down the line...