LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will NOT Start: Simple Copy/Paste to new Drive

Dwayne

Newer user; just upgraded to Premium!

I copied my launchbox / ROMS to a new drive (and still have the original in previous HDD).

The original works fine, however the copy will not boot; even after deleting the settings file.  I don't want to have to reinstall and add new playlists (I'm up to 2TB of ROMS); hoping for a "refresh" to avoid all the images/snap; but I cannot do either, as I can't even boot it.

Suggestions besides a full install (and redoing all the images / EMU)

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

If your relative paths to LB are the same, that should work perfectly.

Actually when I reinstall my cab, I just install Windows, create my arcade user and then copy all in there, and works with no issues. In my case, I have all my folders separated (not all in LB folder), and I have:

- LaunchBox

- Games (roms)

- Emulators

- Programs (joytokey and a couple more)

And as I said, I just copy all into the same main folder, and it works like a charm, since LB will search my games in "..\Games" and so on, using relative paths. So if the folders are in the same way as they are in the original disk, it should work normally.

Which is the error you see exactly?

Martin