LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform/Game wheel won't stop spinning in Big Box

Scooby1

Hey guys,

I have several console emulators and now have a Windows game working well in Launchbox and BigBox. I just installed Clone Hero for Windows, but when my x-plorer xbox 360 guitar controller is plugged into any of the USB ports on my PC, the platform or game wheel spins constantly and I can't select anything from BB.

If I unplug the guitar controller and select the game (from a regular x360 controller), then plug the guitar back in, the game plays great. I checked to see if any of the guitar buttons or D pad are stuck, but they are not.

How can I get the wheel in BB to stop spinning when the guitar controller is plugged in? 

Do I need to setup LB or BB with the guitar controller separately and if so, how do I do this? I didn't see anywhere to setup a guitar controller in LB or BB.

Thanks!

Could be that you have all controllers ticked in the BigBox options-Maybe try having it set so that only the regular xbox controller controls things-not ideal but a work around-Basically I don't have anything connected in this pic, but the Device bit you can pick which controller is the main one when things are connected.

image.thumb.png.27a805eb34b40605a73ff6b3c82c7f17.png

I would guess that even though no button is stuck down the xbox guitar controller is making BB think the analog stick is held in a position to make the scroll, or there might even be a ghost controller.

Go to Game Controllers in Windows and check the properties of the xbox guitar controller and see if the stick, and everything else, is calibrated correctly and also allows you to check for any ghost controllers-worth doing this when LB is having the scrolling issue happening.

Just guess work but might help.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had time to test this. I tried both options, having both Enable game controllers and Use All controllers and then unchecking Use All controllers in Options, but still have the same issue. Windows calibration looks good as well.

I'll just keep the guitar unplugged until I'm in the game and ready to use the guitar controller. 

Thanks for the help.