LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform Sub-Categories?

d2produce

So I recently installed a bunch of windows games finally decided to upgrade from "just roms" and also later decided to get some VR Windows games.  The problem is all my games are under Windows how can I split up or make a category called "Windows" and "Windows VR" ?  Do I first add my roms to the Windows VR category and then manually Select each one one by one and download the WIndows version Metadata or is there a way I can just add them to my custom Category Windows VR but at the same time scrape for the Windows platform?\

EDIT: Figured it out on my own, unchecked "Use Default Platforms" then entered the title Windows VR and a dropdown box popped up for "Scrape as" and I selected Windows!

EDIT2: Upon adding the second game unchecking "Show Default Platforms" was uneccessary, the Platform field was still editable and the Scrap as popped up.

So for a feature suggestion maybe make the "Scrap As" box always there.  It could mirror whatever is selected in the Platform box so there would be no need to manually select it, it would only be there for the purpose of changing the value to something other than the Platforms box maybe even keep it in a constant "deactivated" gray state while still being selectable or just put a 1 line disclaimer like "Only needed if you are scraping as another platform otherwise leave as default" or something like that.

Edited by d2produce