LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3 / 11.4 Issues?

Spacedeck

Launchbox was working perfectly fine until I did the update.  I must have been on 11.3 when all this started and I attempted to update to 11.4.

These are the errors in which I've received.  I think I've had another also, one about not being able to update to the latest version because it's corrupt.

Zk2wosl.jpg

Ghh07QF.jpg

I have uninstalled everything, restarted the PC and tried installing versions 11.3 and 11.4 numerous times, each time I can install them but I can't import games, and I can't update 11.3 to 11.4.

I installed 11.0 and tried updating straight to 11.4 and again, I started getting errors.

So now I've reinstalled 11.0 which is allowing me to import my ROMS without any errors. I just can't update at the moment.

Are these issues known? Affecting others?

I've found another issue.  Once I've closed down LaunchBox.exe under the 11.0 version, I can't load it back up again, it just doesn't respond.

If I close down 11.0 and try to load it back up again, it tries to install version 11.4, which is confusing. It's like the LaunchBox.exe is tied to the updater.

All this is supposed to be from a clean fresh install of LaunchBox.

EDIT: Possibly crisis averted! I usually would always install LaunchBox under "E:\Games\Retro\LaunchBox".  I just tried creating a new location under "E:\Games\RetroGaming\LaunchBox" and installed 11.0 there.  I was also able to update to 11.4 without errors and at this moment in time, it seems to be importing my games. SoI'm not sure what happened with the other location for it to start acting weirdly.

Edited by Spacedeck

Something is seriously messed up somewhere.  Even though last night I was able to add in ROMS for NES, the community star ratings have all disappeared, and trying to download them again does nothing.

Also whenever I try to add more ROMS now, I keep getting this error and LaunchBox crashes

The '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C, cannot be included in a name. Line 336821, position 9.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.4
Type:    System.Xml.XmlException
Site:    Void Throw(System.Exception)
Source:  System.Private.Xml

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.ReadCurrentNode(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
   at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(String fileName)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.RomFiles.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.SieMQqS2mE()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

11:18:54 Exception

Any help is much appreciate.