LaunchBox Community Forums

Transferring a Purchase and Settings

Bondedrobin

tl;dr: If I download or buy launchbox and then set up and customize everything a certain way on my PC, could I transfer those settings and/or license and/or to somebody else on their own computer + how conducive to the recipient not being a great tech person would that be.

So my girlfriend's birthday is coming up. She likes video games but isn't too quick with the tech stuff. She recently got an EXTREMELY powerful gaming laptop (delayed makeawish thing, long irrelevant story) and has perked up in the past when my nerd ass has talked about the possibilities of emulation. So naturally I'm looking into setting up a whole Launchbox suite. I'm undecided between premium version and free, but maybe an informed and honest answer will swing me one way or the other.

I've never used LB in any capacity but I'm a big emulator guy so I've heard plenty about it. Essentially what I want to do is:

• Download and set up several emulators (Dolphin for certain, maybe Citra/PCSX2/P64, probably RPCS3 for sh!ts and giggles and to live vicariously because she has a God Machine)
  • Configure the general and graphical settings of those cores (as much as possible because, you know, different machines, different CPUs and GPUs and hard drives)
  • Especially configure gamepad/input settings, that's super important
  • Play around with UI settings/themes on LB and/or bigbox if i get it
  • Be able to load everything onto a USB stick and gift it, retaining the premium license (if I get it) and as many configuration settings as are possible
  • Have her be able to successfully install and get the most out of anything I transfer to her without much tech frustration though I'll step in for some guidance as needed

What would really make things easier is if I knew if LB/BB had configuration settings for emulators and UI and the like on global, cloud-based settings for the account or just all local INIs and stuff. I would suspect the latter due to the nature of emulators and fringe computer applications but just asking, you never know. Any tips on the best way to go about my plan from someone who has any familiarity with the product (because I have none) would be appreciated. Thank you,

D