LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox stuck when a Windows Dialog Box opens

Starforsaken

Hello guys,

I'm new here and my English isn't perfect, but hopefully I've posted in the right section and you'll understand my issue correctly.

I'm on Windows 10, using Big Box from a nVidia Shield TV which is set up upstairs, while my PC is in the basement. It's working incredibly well for everything, except with BigBox (which should be a perfect fit...).

My issue is that when trying to start games, sometimes a Windows Dialog Box opens (e.g. authorizing the launch of a .exe, emulator pop-ups like Fusion saying something about a display issue, etc.) while BigBox is in its Startup Screen. Not sure how to explain it, but it's like BigBox keeps being the display focus, but the Dialog Box has the Windows/Controls focus in the background.

The result is that I can't see the prompt, yet I can't accept it either. Since I'm on a Shield TV, I can't Alt-Tab because it wants to swap between its apps (e.g. my PC stream and the Netflix app), and not between the windows of my PC. Even if I try straight from the computer, it's pretty hard since I can never seem to be able to add the Dialog Box on top of Big Box, or even the Task Manager. The only option seems to be to Alt-Tab back to Big Box and mash X on the keyboard to close it, deal with the Dialog Box, then restart Big Box hoping it won't happen again. I can't count how many trips to the basement from my upstairs bedroom that I've had to do because of this in the past week.

So far, I've tried disabling the Game Startup screen (doesn't help), enabling mouse control everywhere (doesn't work since I can't click on those Dialog boxes in the background anyway), tried to reduce the possibility of those boxes popping as possible, but now I'm running out of ideas.

I can't be the only one stuck with this issue right? I'm still new so I'm hoping there's an easy setting that I forgot to enable, or some kind of plugin that would make those boxes appear over BigBox when necessary.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help :)