LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch - Two Xbox Controllers - Left thumbstick same for both P1 and P2

mordroc

Hello.  I'm a Noob who has learned a lot about Launchbox and RetroArch over the last week, but I have much more to learn.  Bought a Launchbox full license and really love using it.  I've tried this with different MAME emulators (fbneo / MAME 2016 / MAME 2013) and have the same problem with both.  First, I connect my two different XBox One controllers wirelessly to my Windows 10 PC through the official Microsoft wireless adapter.  When launching RetroArch, I get the message that Controller #1 and Controller #2 are found.  Then, I launch a MAME game (Pacman) within RetroArch using the fbneo core.  I can select credits with the "select" button from controller #1.  After giving two credits, I have to use the "start" button from controller #2 to start a 2-player game.  This works fine.  But then, both player 1 and 2  are always controlled with the left thumbstick from controller #1 only.  I have tried remapping both controllers in RetroArch, but the same problem is always there.  Cannot get the thumbstick from controller #2 to work for player 2.  Would appreciate any advice on how I can troubleshoot this problem.  I've been working on solving it for a few days, and even after countless google searches (and searching the Launchbox forums) I have not found a solution.  The same problem is there if I launch the game directly from Launchbox.  As I've been working on this problem, I launch a lot directly from RetroArch just to save a few steps during constant testing.  Thank you!