LaunchBox Community Forums

PS1 (Beetle Core) Constant Message "Virtual CD Drive Tray Closed" Onscreen

mordroc

I'm starting to configure PS1 games, using the RetroArch "mednafen_psx_libretro.dll" (also called "Beetle").  Works great.  Having problems with the HW version (using GPU) but that's a post for another time.  If I use the bin/cue file format for the rom, everything works fine.  I then downloaded and tried PSX2PSP to compress the bin file down to a much smaller .pbp (eboot) file.  Saves a lot of file space, and I've read this is a great way to combine multiple discs into one file.  Tested a game in the emulator.  Works great...except every time I hit a button on my controller, an onscreen message in the lower left corner pops up and says "Virtual CD Drive Tray Closed".  It fades out and comes right back the second I hit any button during the game.  I have googled this problem.  There are a few results from other forums where people have the same problem, but no solutions.  Clearly this is related to compressing the bin to the pbp file.  I really want to use the compression because it will save a lot of disc space.  Anyone else had this problem?