LaunchBox Community Forums

mame_libretro.dll and LB file names, but with \"escaped\" quotes

Integrum Retro

So in testing if LB can launch mame_libretro.dll for No-Intro files, you have to specify the system and sometimes the "-cart" command which you can do with the emulators "additional parameters" but with mame_libretro.dll it doesn't quite work.

LB can send an emulator a rom file directory path in full quotes (which is great for file names or directories with spaces), but is there a way I can get it to 'escape' the quotes so I can do this?

Ex.

Will NOT load (this is what LB would send retroarch)

retroarch.exe -L .\cores\mame_libretro.dll intv -cart "d:\arcade\Mattel_Intellivision\roms\Astrosmash (World).zip"

This DOES load

retroarch.exe -L .\cores\mame_libretro.dll "intv -cart \"d:\arcade\Mattel_Intellivision\roms\Astrosmash (World).zip\""

I tried doing the following (and many other combinations) to no avail:

1973104524_Annotation2021-01-19205129.thumb.jpg.51a625a189fa342875639320072b7b35.jpg

Instead of using LB extra emulator parameters, I can just put the parameters and rom directory/name in a file and have LB launch that.

C:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch>type test.cmd

intv -cart "d:\arcade\Mattel_Intellivision\roms\Astrosmash (World).zip"

And it boots up fine, but if I'd like to find an elegant way to pass the parameters to LB (which in this case seems to be escaping %romfile% if it's output in quotes.

C:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch>retroarch -L .\cores\mame_libretro.dll test.cmd

C:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Retroarch>Error opening translation file English
Adding monitor screen0 (640 x 480) a:1.333333
Invalid video value opengl; reverting to software
resize-it 1.333333
resize-it 1.333333
RETRO DEINIT
retro_finish begin
Average speed: 100.12% (1 seconds)
retro exit machine
retro_finish end

Edited by FattyThug
Added proper image showing default box checked