LaunchBox Community Forums

FIx for retroarch mame current crashing

dzammit85

just had this issue with retroarch where i was using the mame current libretro and it would crash retroarch every time i opened it, i know the mame emulator is better to use though the controller mapping is better in retroarch so i prefer using that instead. i did manage to fix it myself and just thought id share just in case anyone was having the same issue, you just need to compile the most current mame-libretro from github and replace it with the mame-libretro.dll inside your retroarchs "cores" folder and that will fix the problem, ive uploaded it here, so all you need to do is replace it in the cores folder and you should be good to go 

mame_libretro.7z

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this. It worked. I replaced the file in cores, deleted the MAME2016 one that was in there, then edited the Retroarch emulator settings in Launchox to use the new core. Worked right away. Now I just got to go back to resetting my inputs. Quite the endeavor.

Edited by StickySweater

• 4 months later...