LaunchBox Community Forums

Help getting started with new Vertical monitor cab

eclypse

I NEED HELP!!

I've been told by RecroomMasters that in order to get a vertical setup for my new Xtension vertical Pedistal cabnet with 40" monitor i need LaunchBox/Bigbox.

I've pre bought a loaded 10TB hard drive online prior and told the guy that its a vertical setup.. here now i'm told that Hyperspin can not work on a vertical monitor :/.

I have the cab all setup... new fast laptop, new speakers, light guns,, spinner and trackball.. the whole 9 yards. I just need to get Launchbox installed and i guess figure out what theme i can use that will work on a vertical monitor.. I also would want regular horizontal games to work on it as well with proper bezels.

Whatever.. getting seriously depressed over all this.

Spent the $75 for the lifelong license just to use big box as it seems is my only hope.

Installed Launchbox and directed it to my mame rooms files and now I get to wait 10 days for it to download all the art for ea of the 45+ thousand games. 

And I'm guessing for all the console games I'll be screwed on a vertical monitor?

Wanted to download the Pinball vs Arcade Vs Console setup but can't find just the setup install without all the roms. :/ not wanting to fork out anorher huge pile of cash just to be a member at coinops just to find a download.. found a full torrent of it but it's a fully load version and like 135gb download!

So.. here I am.. only wanting to play my new cab built over a week ago.. blew 4k+ on this thanks to buying a 10tb drive loaded for nothing cause it uses hyoerspin.

Another $75 and rolling the dice.

All these videos on YouTube of perfectly setup multitcades and no info on what their using or what theme or where to get it.

About ready to rip the vertical 40" monitor off my new xtention vertical pedestal cab and buy a TV Wall Mount and slap it on the way horizontally and call it done. :(

Really thought I'd be having drinks and finally playing the cab somewhat today with the wife.. naw. Maybe next week hun.

Edited by eclypse

• 1 month later...

Where you able to get everything setup? I'm just about to pull the trigger on that same cab and grab a TV. I don't have any experience with Launchbox/Bigbox but I have modded my 1up with retropie and messed around with CoinOps. I'm very interested to see if a good vertical theme in BigBox works for a standard "Acade" build without having to recreate all the graphics myself.