LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame mixing up controllers - using Stable Controller IDs

fettsvett201

Hello,

I am setting up a MAME computer for my nephew for his birthday (he was upset he couldn't go to chuck E cheese for his birthday to play games so I am bringing the arcade to him). I am using four Mayflash F500 V2 Joysticks. I customized each joystick and buttons to be a specific color and replace the "Start" button with a Player button (Player 1, Player 2, etc...)

I followed along with various youtube videos for Using Stable Controller ID's and it seem to be working great. I did this as the computer will be hooked up to the main "family" TV and the controls will have to be put away when not in use. 

Then I shut down the machine and my controls are wonky.

Now the following is happening. 

Plug in Joystick 1 = Mame recognizes Joystick 1 as JOYCODE_1

Plug in Joystick 2 = Mame recognizes Joystick 1 as JOYCODE_1 and Joystick 2 as JOYCODE_2

Plug in Joystick 3 (Problem starts here) = Mame recognizes Joystick 1 as JOYCODE_1Joystick 2 as JOYCODE_3, and Joystick 3 as JOYCODE_2

Plug in Joystick 4 = Mame recognizes Joystick 1 as JOYCODE_1Joystick 2 as JOYCODE_3Joystick 3 as JOYCODE_2, and Joystick 4 as JOYCODE_4

I went over everything I have and it seems to be correct. Was hoping to have another set of eyes to look over my config. 

I have attached the following files:

MAME verbose test using tmnt2 = test.txt

workdamnyou.cfg located in folder "ctrlr" = workdamnyou.cfg

default.cfg located in folder "default" = default.cfg

mame.ini located in installation folder = mame.ini

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

test.txt workdamnyou.cfg default.cfg mame.ini