LaunchBox Community Forums

vulkan gets screwed up every now and then without a fix

copywizard

Hello,

I,am pretty new to launchbox but love it already i do not think the problem i have resides in launchbox but because there are more users here i hope to find an answer for my vulkan problem.

Ok build a new emulation machine around the following specs

Ryzen 3600XT
16GB DDR4 3200 Memory (2x8GB)
1Tb m.2 kingston a2000 ssd
GTX1060 3gb Mini itx (best i could get for a normal price)
Windows 10 pro

I have every emulator you can think of installed and working just fine!

Except the newer once using vulkan i,am talking about Citra, Yuzu, Cemu, RPCS3 and Dolphin.

After installation of these emulators everything worked fine all games ran smooth with vulkan and no problems where there.
But after a while all above mentioned emulators do not work anymore without any apparent reason? 

After it stops working i have tried reinstalling de graphics driver using DDU to cleanly remove everything.
I have tried reinstalling older drivers, newer drivers, beta drivers to no avail i also tried all kinds of vulkan tests that would not run anymore.

Then i tried a roll back in windows to an earlier restore point this fixed the problem but i never found the solution a few days later it happened again and the only obvious culprit was windows update.

So i did a roll back again and it worked then i turned off windows update for 30+ days (somehow turning it fully off is not an option anymore)

A few days ago i played pokemon shield on yuzu using the vulkan driver without any problems today i turn on the system and non of the above emulators work anymore?!??! I,am stumped i have no clue where this problem comes from and hope someone else here has had these problems to and knows a fix for them.

I could not find anything online about this so any help would be appreciated!

Last thing i would want is to reinstall everything on the system because it took me days to setup launchbox!