LaunchBox Community Forums

When re-adding a rom set, I either lose my edited metadata like playlists etc or end up with duplicate additional apps

invada

I recall seeing something like "OCD over your games collection". I can relate! This is what I use LaunchBox for!

So with that in mind, I've been repeating the same story a few times. Every few years I decide there's a better way of filtering 1 game 1 rom or compressing to a better format etc etc. 

I'm then faced with an existing list of games, some that I have edited. IE added "completed", added to some playlists, entered a custom field "completed date". I tried to write myself a process of how to reimport without losing these.

The closest I've got is this process:

I recall seeing something like "OCD over your games collection". I can relate! This is what I use LaunchBox for!

So with that in mind, I've been repeating the same story a few times. Every few years I decide there's a better way of filtering 1 game 1 rom or compressing to a better format etc etc. 

I'm then faced with an existing list of games, some that I have edited. IE added "completed", added to some playlists, entered a custom field "completed date". I tried to write myself a process of how to reimport without losing these.

The closest I've got is this process:

1.      Delete current file system files
2.      Add new rom files into Launchbox games directory
3.      Search for game information in local metadata database: Yes
4.      Unselect all image downloads
5.      Unselect remove roughly-matched duplicate images
6.      Unselect all media files from EmuMovies
7.     Force import of duplicate games
8.     Consolidate roms.

This has almost worked except I end up with duplicate "additional apps" with no way to mass remove the duplicates. 

I'm either missing something, or this is more of a feature request to 

1 - add additional apps duplicate as a separate flag

2 - when you run the "remove roms" it also asks if you want to remove additional apps that no longer exist, or are exact duplicates.

I was thinking this is sort of a edge case, but the more I think about it, the more people must be re-adding whole sets all the time and changing formats or packs, and surely people also have spent time adding the old ones to playlists or editing data the way they want it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or if this is taken on board as a feature request.

Edited by invada