LaunchBox Community Forums

Citra (standalone): per-game configuration [Batch File]

This isn't an actual plug-in, but a little hack to achieve per-game settings in standalone Citra, which doesn't support the option at the moment.

Tested briefly and it does the trick; the same logic, with minor modifications, could also be used with other emulators that store the settings into individual files in a similar way

How to:

- Create new text file

- Paste the following code

@echo off 
SET ConfigFolder=%APPDATA%\Citra\config
SET ConfigNameDefault=%ConfigFolder%\qt-config.ini
SET ConfigName="%ConfigFolder%\%~n1.ini"
echo %ConfigFolder%
echo %ConfigNameDefault% 
echo %ConfigName%

REM Backup copy
COPY %ConfigNameDefault% %ConfigNameDefault%.bak

IF EXIST %ConfigName% (
  REM Use existing per-game config
  COPY %ConfigName% %ConfigNameDefault%
) ELSE (
  REM Create new per-game config using base INI
  COPY %ConfigNameDefault% %ConfigName%
)

REM Start emulator and wait for exit
START /WAIT citra-qt.exe %1

REM Config changes while game was running are saved back into per-game INI
COPY %ConfigNameDefault% %ConfigName%
REM Restore original INI
COPY %ConfigNameDefault%.bak %ConfigNameDefault%

- Save the file as 'citra-per-game.bat' in the main Citra folder (where the .EXE is)

- In LaunchBox, create a new emulator as follows

image.thumb.png.58074cc4144e131283b640a2df28cf9f.png

And that's it

Now, for 3DS games where you want to use a custom config, simply switch emulator in Launchbox using this new entry, and upon startup it will create a <ROM filename>.ini within Citra settings folder; every change to the emulation settings done while the ROM is loaded will be saved in this new file (once you close the emulator app) and then loaded back on the next execution

As usual, make a manual backup of your existing settings just to be safe, and use at your own risk

Edited by Antaniserse
better title

• Antaniserse changed the title to Citra (standalone): per-game configuration [Batch File]
  • 6 months later...

This is a great solution.  I've been using this for most of my 3DS games and works wonderfully with one exception.  When I try to load up games with custom textures, it doesn't work.  I need to actually remove the custom textures before they'll load up again.  I'm wondering if maybe there's a way around this.  Thanks again for this awesome solution.