LaunchBox Community Forums

Initial Release: Change TDP Limit on Ryzen APUs when launching games

I made a plugin that allows you to specify the TDP limit used on Ryzen based handhelds when launching/returning from games. With more and more handheld devices popping up I though it was nice to be able to set the optimal TDP for game automatically using Launchbox. Using Bigbox on devices like the aya neo and steam deck would be a good windows alternative to steam OS 3. The plugin also allows Launchbox to monitor and attach to games launched via steam URLs (EPIC and other stores are planned) so that the typical Launchbox Game Events fire at the right time. No more GameExited events immediately after launching a game.

Hopefully in the future these TDP levels can be saved in the Launchbox Database instead of as a custom field so the community can share optimal TDP levels.

Note: This is an alpha product as I do not have my Aya Neo, estimated Oct. 30, to test it yet, but the RyzenAdj application used to set the TDPs is mature and used by many other applications and people so it should be rock solid.

https://github.com/joamjoamjoam/RyzenTDPChanger

If you get a chance to give it a try, especially if you have complaints, please post them below.