LaunchBox Community Forums

SEGA Model 3 (Supermodel) 4k Issues

MrBobC

Hello everyone!  I'm having some problems with the Supermodel emulator (run through RocketLauncher to get the bezels, although it seems like the bezels take forever to load).  My main monitor is 4k, marquee monitor is 2560x1080.  Setting the display size to 4k in the supermodel ini files results in it filling up about 1/4 the screen, so that got me to thinking.  If I set the main monitor resolution to 1920x1080 then it looks great, fills the screen, etc.  I didn't get a 4k monitor to run it at 1920x1080 though, so set about trying to use qres before loading and after exiting Supermodel games to adjust screen resolution down to 2k before starting and back up to 4k after quitting using the Additional Apps feature.  This works, but when the resolution upsizes after closing it messes up the marquee for some reason.  Additionally, even though upon exit the only thing on the screen is BigBox, it's not the active window and needs to be alt-tabbed to get back into it.

Question to the group:  Thoughts on how to get Supermodel to fill the screen on 4k?

If that's not possible, thoughts on how to avoid the active window change and marquee image change on exit?

Thank You!

Wow, apparently I just never tried that specific combination as I had messed around with those settings per some other things I read on the interwebs.  Much appreciate the quick response to a problem that's been racking me for a couple days.  :P

Edited by MrBobC
  • Game On 1