LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding Chiaki to Launchbox to play PS4 and PS5 games

t824601

Hi Guys,

I've been mainly using Hyperspin for my arcade setup, but found Launchbox and it works amazingly to set up quick collections on my laptop.

I almost set up everything I needed, but came into an issue with CHIAKI.

I added 2 new sections, Sony Playstation 4 and Sony Playstation 5 and assigned chiaki.exe as rom with no emulator.

It loads fine and it does seem to work. The problem I have is it requires clicking on the PS4 or PS5 icon in the box and pressing F11 to go to full screen. Once I start using BIG box I can't do this with just my controller.

On Hyperspin I usually use an AHK script to do all that for me. I was able to run a few of those on Launchbox, but they seem to need to be assigned to an emulator. Any way to have Chiaki Launching, selecting the PS4 menu and left clicking on it and pressing F11 automatically, can't seem to find anywhere how to do this.

As a bonus, any way to have it right click and send a wake up package, wait 10 seconds and then click on the icon to have the ps4 wake up from sleep mode, wait for it to come back and then launch the connection to it?

PS: To those that don't know what Chiak is, its not an emulator, its a software that streams your PS4 or PS5 to your computer so you can play your games from a real PS4/PS5 to any connected device.

Found a solution that seems to work, just need to redirect Launchbox to load a compiled AHK file and trick it to think its a rom without an emulator.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

;Start program
run, "C:\Program Files\Chiaki-PS4\chiaki.exe", "C:\Program Files\Chiaki-PS4"

;Wait for window and click on PS4
sleep, 3000
ControlClick, x125 y202, Chiaki
sleep, 3000
ControlSend, , "{Enter}", Start Stream
sleep, 150
ControlSend, , "{Enter}", Wakeup
sleep, 15000