LaunchBox Community Forums

Background music delay on startup (BigBox)

Sumasu

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue with BigBox. I recently set some background music by adding a mp3 file in Launchbox > Music > Background. The background music does start, but not before a 4 second delay after the Startup video has ended. Also, upon exiting BigBox, there is a 2 second delay before the music stops.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

You can find below a video I took that shows the background music starting after a delay after the Startup video has ended.

• 2 years later...

I found a workaround that seems to work well enough

I use an audio editor to split my original background music into two segments.

The first segment starts at 0:00 and gets converted to startup.wav and set as a startup audio file

The second segment starts at the "end time" of the first segment.  Silence must be created before the audio starts. This is my background.mp3 music file

This way a mostly seamless audio can be created but I will add that the timing between the end of the startup audio and the beginning of the background audio doesn't always match up with your audio splitting time.  I had to randomly create silence in my second segment to find a time that created seamlessness

Very annoying fix, but it does remove that abhorrent delay...

Edited by Zakiu