LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Fbneo in LaunchBox after RetroArch update

a.wol

Hello, wonder if you can help me. I recently updated RetroArch via the LaunchBox updater but something happened with my Arcade games launching Fbneo via RetroArch and this causes a Romset not recognised.

I've updated my ROMs with the latest .dat file and did a manual scan in RetroArch.

Interestingly, it works when I launch directly in RetroArch but not RetroArch via LaunchBox it advises the Romset is wrong, shaders seemed to have been saved but not some overlays...

You can see below Arcade is linked with fbneo_libretro and it is Default:

image.thumb.png.164473d0e40f4105602d2378bf77ca08.png

This is what I get when I load fbneo via Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.047d027fca7d33da0b411a9d11867fe4.png

In RetroArch after the manual scan you see the Emulator and the games associated:

image.thumb.png.3522db5b867ee73c1afbcb8940449844.png

and they run correctly when launched directly in RetroArch:

image.thumb.png.1e25682326cd2ca0b8672f9081ac66d0.png

So why is it with LaunchBox unhappy (or at least indicating) there is something wrong with the romset.

I should point out all other cores via RetroArch, Super Nintendo etc seem to work fine.

I have no idea on the cause, nor how to resolve so it boots in LaunchBox with RetroArch like it before the update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fixed the problem, putting it here in case anyone else has the problem.

THE RETOARCH UPDATE VIA LAUNCHBOX HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ERROR, see below:

I had a Start Up Theme with a loading bar and in order for the loading bar to work (increase) you had to tick "Extract ROM archives before running" this was fine for console but Fbneo did not like this at all and caused the Romset to be unknown. This is why it was running fine directly in RetroArch but not via LaunchBox as directly in RetroArch was not attempting to extract the ROM.

Untick "Extract ROM archives before running" in the Edit Emulator section:

image.thumb.png.3b1112b0f85daa1d4bdd59100802eed6.png

It will prevent the loading bar for working on load but at least the games will launch again in LaunchBox.