LaunchBox Community Forums

MS-DOS in Android LaunchBox

Bodine Grunch

I read on the forum that you will soon support DosBox in LaunchBox for Android. I enjoy playing my MS-DOS games from BigBox. Mostly it was just fun to unpack all of those 5.25, 3.5 inch floppies and CD-ROMs I had boxed up years ago. But, controller issues made it difficult on my Android tablet until I started using Magic DosBox by bruenor. It is a feature-rich version of DosBox that is extremely flexible and customizable. It allows you to create your own touchscreen control layouts that make convoluted and cumbersome games playable. For the first time since I bought it I am able to play through Crusader No Remorse!  :-)  I said all that just to make a request. Magic DosBox allows each of the DOS Games to save a shortcut/badge to the home screen. I just tap on the shortcut and the DOS game starts with the custom controls that I've set up. Is there any way that I can import these shortcuts into LaunchBox for Android? If not as DOS games then possibly as native Android games when LaunchBox for Android starts? Since I already have over 80 MS-DOS games running on my Android tablet, I can't get very excited about importing the same games from my computer and then having to resolve the controller issues. But it would be really nice to be able to start ALL of my games from inside LaunchBox for Android.