LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Playlist

ejay81

Hello,

Im wanting to get a few playlist added and have a couple questions.  I auto generated a playlist for Mame (Screen shot) but have all these sub categories.   Is that a easy way to merge them into one parent category?

For instance "driving" i dont need or want "Driving/1st person, Driving/3rd person" and so on.  Same for fighter amongst others.  For sports that makes sense but these sub categories for certain genre's is a bit much and making my menu much bigger than it needs to be.  

Also is there a way to do auto playlist like this that span across all systems/platforms?  Seems the only option is to do this at a platform level.  I'd like to get all arcade games into the playlist "Basketball" for instance.   This would l include MAME, Model 2/3 and Teknoparrot.

Also i assumed these playlist/categories would show up in Big Box main wheel menu but they don't.  All I'm trying to do is create some playlist for specific generes that show up in big box.  (Sports, driving, beat em up/shoot em up, and fighting.  What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

playslist.png

Edited by ejay81