LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox isn't loading the arcade platform

masqn

Hi! I've spent the last 2 days setting up Launchbox and bigbox. Ii was working fine when i went to bed but this morning BigBox isn't seeing the arcade games. When I look in Launchbox I can see all the arcade games & playlists, and I can start them fine. When I go to BigBox, I can see other platforms and games, but not arcade. Does anyone know why this might happen?

Addit:

When I got through bigbox and load platform categories, it can see arcade. If i go into arcade, the select wheel appears but is blank. If i press select again i get the error below (sorry this is a text render of a photo, original attached)

Error
LaunchBox encountered an unexpected error; details of the error are provided below. The LaunchBox development team has already been notified of this error; however, if you would like to provide more details, please use the Report Error button and include the below text.
It is strongly recommended to close and restart LaunchBox in order to prevent any additional issues.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Big Box
App: Version: 12.9
Type: System.NullReferenceException Site: Boolean On Enter()
Source: BigBox
at Unbroken. LaunchBox.Windows. BigBox.ViewModels.PlatformFiltersViewModelBase.OnEnter() at Unbroken. LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnEnter()
at ManagerStub. FlushAttribute(Object, ManagerStub)
at Unbroken. LaunchBox.Windows. BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown (KeyEventArgs e) at ProxyContainer.FlushAttribute(Object, KeyEventArgs e, ProxyContainer)
at Unbroken. LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views MainView. RunVisitor (Object reference, KeyEventArgs ivk) at System.Windows. RoutedEventArgs. InvokeHandler (Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows. EventRoute. InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, Routed EventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent Impl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args) at System.Windows. UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent (RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows. Input. InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows. Input. Input ProviderSite.ReportInput (InputReport inputReport) at System.Windows. Interop. HwndKeyboardInput Provider. ProcesskeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows. Interop. HwndSource.Critical TranslateAccelerator (MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers) at System.Windows. Interop. HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage (Object param)
at System.Windows.Threading. ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs) at System.Windows. Threading. ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Recent Log:
9:53:58 AM Exception
Report Error
Close

hD6mTelkkMi4O_ZH5Q0ByJujaJbHkrW7AJ30ClAQnnlUYiqMI5CrfKmIfT3dkKsCu-7-5-tUvBVP7k41PELAxVdwK7g6pH-vaRGoqcrTCm52B9h7ZznDtZzYfohngglrwyyZnj90VPil21mS7HRlyOlRXRjThRrxpl0s6jLe_wBxdV48v3GIGnCVRLTia80tL0jRTfqFAEh9r61HbnLVlyTqG9W13oFeBnAIZ-n3wmqpqMT3m1qnwDYDlinj6fqMoOUNTOyygCSIW_y0A4OZJ0LaF8QSP0mLigBxgK8I-8sBpc6nrfJnmvgyVTk0y6eTcMP2PRXWpmDfE3LMv5pxFRGXEjyUiJg1pR6-H0dzwWImZe18pzsZNPX_lvHVOhWM2-Ur37ewNdSvfAGOEHvSjwy1jeQQb8yerURy8VgabQyPHs0Ltj6OqumqRUjUWz-WmPrgmP7BmOR-zVac7wSS2edsCxGBd4bvXR8vvCJgzfegOk0BUHCABldg1yYe4wn_n2SryneJZtwtbedAE5kaFyq0XCZbFWmGOYJ_GwBqyalzBQs4mQileKIBakKBc1qlnlqg3VC6vdpZkelmISt0bRJyk8_MdXfmwTHZ608k19oHndmnKVst5dXoOuzUrSV17WqZamCzLxrV8nzQTaMk9nJiQqG-tuz9ek6iybRSywMqihzcVaY1pnNUcoYV0vzs18e7cp9WDSeOxdCHM-faUlCOojipKf_cOiYMDviIjRsgX2xjyrAzxEFXZrv69ls=w1459-h1095-no?authuser=0

In Launchbox, did you remove the "arcade" category or the arcade playlist? You should have a category that says arcade that if you open the triangle will reveal the arcade playlists, which should include "2-player games", "4 player games" then "arcade" again. I got into trouble once by removing the arcade playlist from the arcade category and then big box stopped working correctly.  My thinking at the time was why do I need an arcade playlist to show all games when I can just select the root folder and get same thing I thought it was redundant, but Big Box did not like that at all.

Edited by zombob

thanks! I hadn't, i just figured it out - i'd stupidly set hide missing videos when playing around. it can now see all the games again! It's weird i got the crash when i tried to load, but hopefully i won't see that again.  Thanks for your help!