LaunchBox Community Forums

A couple of issues I recently ran into (solved)

hamsnibit

Hey everyone. Having a couple of problems with Launchbox. I'm running version 12.11 on Windows 11 with the neon deluxe theme. Everything has been running fine until recently I had two issues come up.

First, I removed some roms from one of the platforms. I did a scan for removed roms. The scanning bar fills almost all the way up then freezes and the whole application freezes. Windows doesn't show it as not responding and I can only force it to close with task manager. I've left it sitting for hours and it doesn't finish. When I scan other platforms the scan runs fine. This happens every time I try it. There is nothing in the log that changes that I notice.

Second problem is when I click in the taskbar to minimize or maximize the app, sometimes the app goes off screen and there is no way to get in back on screen. I can close the app, but every time I start the app it won't show the app. I noticed every time this happens it changes a line in settings  <FormMaximized>true</FormMaximized> to false and I have to change it back. Once I change it and restart the app it works fine until it happens again randomly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by hamsnibit
solved

• hamsnibit changed the title to A couple of issues I recently ran into (solved)

I seem to have solved this myself. It turns out for some reason dialog boxes weren't showing on the screen when they popped up. So I wasn't able to click yes or cancel on anything thus giving launchbox the appearance of being frozen. Through experimentation I realized that something was wrong in Settings.xml. Not sure how it got changed but here is the old lines from Settings.xml:

<FormLocationX>-3840</FormLocationX>
    <FormLocationY>0</FormLocationY>
    <FormMaximized>false</FormMaximized>
    <FormSizeX>1280</FormSizeX>
    <FormSizeY>672</FormSizeY>

I deleted these lines and saved it. Next time it started up and it worked fine. The new lines in put in are:

I seem to have solved this myself. It turns out for some reason dialog boxes weren't showing on the screen when they popped up. So I wasn't able to click yes or cancel on anything thus giving launchbox the appearance of being frozen. Through experimentation I realized that something was wrong in Settings.xml. Not sure how it got changed but here is the old lines from Settings.xml:

<FormLocationX>0</FormLocationX>
    <FormLocationY>0</FormLocationY>
    <FormMaximized>true</FormMaximized>
    <FormSizeX>2573</FormSizeX>
    <FormSizeY>733</FormSizeY>

I have no idea why the settings.xml was changed in the first place and I'd never messed with it before. Hope this helps someone.