LaunchBox Community Forums

very weird mvsc2 kunundrum

huffyX0

So I have this weird, very weird issue. 

I got Marvel vs Capcom 2 to work on 2 machines, ones my higher end gaming PC running 5800x on a x570 board and 2080 card, the other one is on a dell optiplex 9020 sff (this one is a fresh windows 10 install only going to used for my arcade games)

So the thing is i got the mvsc2.zip on my gaming PC and do my tests for all my retro gaming stuff on here, got it working using flycast libretro on retoarch. on default its free play. i firgured out how to get into the diagnostics service area to be able to change the free play to use credits/coins. works great! Now when i copied the file to a usb and transfered it to my dell pc and did the same things, everything works except the fact that my "coin" button (default was right shift)  does not register even when testing the inputs within the diagonistics testing area

I tried another game within flycast on my dell (but this one was an atomis wave one) and the right shift coin button works. 

everything on the dell pc is a fresh install, launchbox, restroarch, my go to games works fine within bigbox and launchbox, i just can't get the coin button to work on marvel vs capcom 2 on the dell. 

any input would be greatly appreciated. 

So I'm not sure what's causing the problem, i did some trial and error. 

Did all my tests on my gaming PC because its faster loading and transfering files.

So I transferred the dell retroarch, the one not working on to my gaming pc, i also downloaded a fresh install of retroarch zip file.

Now I have 3x Retroarchs on my gaming PC, 1: from my dell the one with coin not registering, 2: fresh install of retrarch zip file, 3: retroarch that i used for testing has so many configs and extras from testing games and saving configs and what not.

Retroarch 1 on gaming PC still doesn't register coin.

Retroarch 2 coin registers

Retroarch 3 coin registers

What I did is transered bundles of files over from Retroarch 2 to Retroarch 1 and repalced the old files, and each time a new bundle of files was transferred I tested the game with Retroarch 1. At the end once all files from Retroarch 2 was transferred to Retroarch 1, the game still doesn't recognize my coin button. lol then I realized that was wrong. So i started again, and transferred files from Retroarch 1 to Retoarch 2, and figured out  what the problem was, it was a controls remap that was giving me the problem.

Attached are the keymaps 

so i went back to my dell pc, deleted the old keymap and saved a new one. and everythings is working!

mvsc2u - correct.txt mvsc2u - screwed up.txt