LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller mapping not working with Thrustmaster T248 wheel

root670

I'm trying to use a Thrustmaster T248 wheel with Big Box and am unable to map it in the settings menu. When I first turned on "Enable Game Controllers", the UI acted as if down was constantly being pressed when the wheel was plugged in. I unplugged the wheel, restarted Big Box, and cleared the Navigate Up/Down mappings. Closed Big Box again, plugged the controller in, launched Big Box, verified game controllers were enabled and my wheel was chosen, and navigated to the controller mapping screen (at this point the behavior of always pressing down had stopped since Navigate Up/Down was unmapped). If any input is chosen, the "Awaiting Controller Input..." modal will appear but it does not detect any button pressed on the controller. The regular Launch Box UI also cannot detect inputs for mapping.

Because of the behavior of the "Navigate Down" input being triggered the first time "Enable Game Controllers" was turned on, I assume there is an issue with the wheel appearing as an analog stick. If LaunchBox requires controllers to be in a "neutral" state to register inputs it will not work with the wheel for this reason.

Is it possible to manually configure the inputs outside of Big Box?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by root670

• root670 changed the title to Controller mapping not working with Thrustmaster T248 wheel