LaunchBox Community Forums

Why Don't Your XBOX One Or Other Controllers Aren't Working Alongside Steam?

TrexBlazeXX2

Hello To All

This message isn't for me it's for you. I already fixed the problem. I figured hell since y'all help me so much with LaunchBox, I figured I'd return a favor.

Ever noticed when you install Steam & LaunchBox together, you're controllers skip, and don't work properly? Well it's because Steam has partial useage & control over your system. Here's the fix for that pain in the ass problem

Go into Steam Big Picture mode and then go to your settings.

Now go to Controller Configuration, then you want to first disable the Use Focus on Steam, uncheck that box so you're XBOX guide button isn't assigned to anything.

Now go to your controller settings still and Controller Configuration, and where it says XBOX Controller Support, uncheck the box by the XBOX controller, once turned off, uncheck all other boxes that support controllers. Now you'll have complete control over LaunchBox & Steam together

Lastly go to you Windows 10 or 11 Settings

you must go into settings, then on the left hand side, select Gaming, then uncheck the box that says Open XBOX game bar using the guide button, turn that off by unchecking the box

Now you have complete control over your XBOX One or other controllers as well. And if you go into your BigBox mode you can go into Options, then go down the menu to Controller Mapping, and just look for Close The Active Window, press A on that then press the guide button. Now if you'rein a game, pressing the guide button will exit the game and bring you back to the BigBox interface. Pretty cool right?

Just thought I'd share that with you since you guys help me out so much

• Thanks 1