LaunchBox Community Forums

FakeBlinky - OBS overlay + chatbot command

Purpose

I wrote this to have an OBS overlay showing what game and platform I'm currently playing, because it was such a frequent question in chat.

Then I thought wouldn't it be nice to have a nightbot command too?  This is what the geturl option is meant to achieve. If you have a server available then a bit of php/node/etc later and you
can have a hosted text file that nightbot (or others) can use via 'fetchurl'.  (I'll put together a little tutorial on this in time)

How?

Instructions are in the README, but FakeBlinky is designed to be specified in the LEDBlinky integration section of options.

You then set your configuration in fbconfig.txt within whatever folder you've installed it in, and every time you run a game you can have OBS overlays that change and/or a chat command that changes to show what you're playing.

Installation

FakeBlinky is portable so you can install it wherever you wish, I think a good place is 'Launchbox\Thirdparty\FakeBlinky'

Dependancies

FakeBlinky depends on .NET CORE 3.1 (Console) and if you dont already have it installed you should be prompted by Windows.

Oddities

FakeBlinky will probably give you a Windows Security alert because it's not a signed app, I might address this for release, but it's such a simple piece of software, an installer feels like a hassle right now.

Disclaimer

Read the README.txt !

Download

FakeBlinky.zip

I welcome any feedback and suggestions.

Edited by KSBWasHere