LaunchBox Community Forums

Two Games Images Getting Mixed with Each Other

thunderbird32

Hello, I am having an issue where two different games "Guardian" (1986 - Taito/Toaplan) and "Guardians of the Hood" (1992 - Atari) are getting their images crossed. After I added "Guardian" to my library, the images for that game now show up in "Guardians of the Hood" as well as the original images I set for the latter. I've also had a similar issue with Tetris (1989 - Atari) and Tetris (1988 - Sega). Though in that case, the images for both are showing up for both. None of these games are considered clones of each other in MAME, which is the only reason I can imagine this happening. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by thunderbird32
Removed incorrect word

11 hours ago, thunderbird32 said:

Hello, I am having an issue where two different games "Guardian" (1986 - Taito/Toaplan) and "Guardians of the Hood" (1992 - Atari) are getting their images crossed. After I added "Guardian" to my library, the images for that game now show up in "Guardians of the Hood" as well as the original images I set for the latter. I've also had a similar issue with Tetris (1989 - Atari) and Tetris (1988 - Sega). Though in that case, the images for both are showing up for both. None of these games are considered clones of each other in MAME, which is the only reason I can imagine this happening. Is there a way to fix this?

Yes, you can manually remove the images by editing the game in LB and going to the Images tab, delete the ones that don't match. You could also browse to the LaunchBox/Images folder and remove them that way. I noticed when I added DOOM (2016) it scrapped a bunch of DOOM (1993) images along with some of the 2016 game's images. Sometimes when names are similar they might make a mistake like this. Easy to fix though. After you get rid of the wrong ones make sure their LB Database ID# is linked up to the right game and it will download the proper images this time around.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, skizzosjt said:

Yes, you can manually remove the images by editing the game in LB and going to the Images tab, delete the ones that don't match.

This doesn't work as it just deletes the image from the correct game as well. The two games have different ID numbers, so that's not the fix either.