LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari Game-Coco Nuts by Jim Rupp

Tom Mynar

I have some biographical background for Jim Rupp, programmer of the Coco Nuts Atari Game.  If you wish to use any or all of this, I give you permission.

Just in case you wanted to add this data:

James Rupp was married to my sister Linda Mynar, neither are alive.  Jim died in 1990 of heart failure, he and Linda were no longer married.  They had a daughter born in 1981 (name withheld).  The game character Stanley, was from Linda and my father's name: Stanley Mynar, even though their was discussion is was Dr. Stanley Livingstone-although that would have required usage rights.

Jim first started working for Mattel in their game development group in Redondo Beach, but he became frustrated with their poor hardware (resolution, slow performance). Jim worked on this program in his home in Mission Viejo, he would often talk to me and show me how he did things (I was 24 and already a main frame programmer).  He and I also worked on an electronic bar tending computer for an entreprenur in Fullerton.  This product never came to a completion, it worked, but would often mix drinks improperly (air hoses fell off, power transistors failed).