LaunchBox Community Forums

Games launch in lb but not bb

jimbone007

So I have a few PS2 games that I launch as ahk files that skip the gun calibration screen and work perfectly in lb but when I try to launch them in bb the screen never appears. I can hear it running but bb just takes me back to the menu screen that says play game. What can be causing this?

I do this same method to launch the Time Crisis games on PS2 in order to bypass the calibration screen.  It sounds like your PS2 emulator (assuming you are using PCSX2) is losing focus as it is loading.  You could using the "WinActivate" command in your AHK launch file, placing it immediately after the command to launch the emulator/game, and just before the command to load your save state:

Run, H:\Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "H:\LaunchBox\Games\Sony Playstation 2\Time Crisis 2 (USA)\Time Crisis 2 (USA).bin"
sleep, 6000
WinActivate, ahk_exe pcsx2.exe
sleep, 1000
Send {F3 down}
sleep, 100
Send {F3 up}