LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on Windows 11 using up all available memory + swap and crashes

rayman30

Because I had a problem with Launchbox I reinstalled my laptop from scratch with Windows 11.

(I use this laptop only for emulation) Core I7 + 16 Gb + Nvidia GTX 1660 - Windows 11 22H2

After installing a newly downloaded copy of Launchbox 12.16 Launchbox starts but almost immediately begins to consume all memory. Both RAM and SWAP, totalling about 56 GB, are used before the laptop begins to shutdown processes and ultemately crashes.

In taskmanager I can see that it is only the lauchbox.exe process taking up all memory, all other processes behave normally.

During install the prerequisites were installed without a problem. First I thought that this is a bug in 12.16 + Windows 11, but as there is no mention of this strange behaviour on the forums I suspect to be the only one  affected.

I even re-installed Windows 10 but with the same results! So I decided to revert (yet again) to Windows 11, installed Launchbox 12.16 and Launchbox still crashes. I use an empty folder btw, so not using an older install.

What can cause this behaviour and is there a fix? I already tried older Launchbox versions, up to 11.x but they all behave like this on my laptop.

Edited by rayman30
spelling