LaunchBox Community Forums

metadata update every 24 hours offline nag

DaveChase

I use launchbox as a naming tool for all my roms before adding them to launchbox. this has solves all the hassle of importing games and title sorting especially the Japan and Europe roms that are named different then the US releases and adding the [!] to the end of US roms so they show 1st on the title list. this is done on a gaming computer offline only going online once a week to import box arts. everyday I'm met with a metadata update nag before each click of "search for metadata" forcing me to go connect to the internet just to go online to update metadata to get rid of the update nag. the computer is on a shared offline network so i have to change the DNS server and add an ip address to get internet. I've named and sorted over 21000 roms and the metadata nag adds one extra click of NO for every rom named.

Adding a day or week skip if clicking no would be great so my blood presser stops going up. is there a way to disable the offline every 24hour metadata nag update?

I discovered if i import one rom offline it tries to update metadata automatically once it fails it stops asking for another 24 hours.

Edited by DaveChase