LaunchBox Community Forums

(MAME 0246) Same steering wheel inputs used in Cruis n USA no longer work in Cruis n World which they used too.

2ndWind

• Edit: Here are my two config files for both Cruis n USA and World set for my Numbskull Racing Wheel.   I have Bandicam should I include a video of both games?

I haven't touched MAME in a year and a month ago I found out after updating to 2.046 and getting the appropriate rom set the games turn on.  I map the Cruis n USA to have the steering wheel Analog Paddle to be LSX and have P1 be - and P2 be + which works great on this game.  But Cruis n World the same input the menu goes from one end to the other and on in game it makes the car just spin to the left and crash.  This is NumbSKULL racing wheel.  I also have a PX9 that no longer is recognized on my PC it doesn't detect it and shows as an Xbox one controller when testing/caliberating which I know I played this wheel on these games along time ago. 

Something funny is going on. There's a thread I saw from April 2021other people having wheels not work after a Windows update including someone whom bought a 700$ sim racing wheel it suddenly would no longer connect:  This is where I got the Numbskull a year later for my birthday in April 2022.  It was a hot summer so I didn't have much chance to play it as I don't do well in heat here in Oregon.  Our summers are hotter and longer so I get sweaty when dealing with MAME so I did other emulation stuff instead for a while.    

The newest MAME 2.049 breaks Cruis n USA where as in 2.046 Cruis n USA controls works but World controls don't work. 

crusnusa.cfg crusnwld.cfg

Edited by 2ndWind