LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to update launchbox on an external drive

Virgose

I am currently running 12.15, and am trying to upgrade to launchbox 13.1 Launchbox was moved from it's original on computer home to the external hard drive after I had updated to version 12, but before I have been trying to upgrade to 13. I can't get the program to update from inside launchbox, I just get the following error

You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:  C:\APP  or a UNC path in the form:  \\server\share

I have checked that the drive is shared and has a UNC path.

This error will also come up if I am trying to start launchbox for the first time, and will shut the aplication down. IT will not happen again I I try to start the program any other time after the first.

I have gone to the update folder and manually started the update, and it seems to go fine. It gives me a free version update to 13.1, but if I shut down Launch box, and try to start I again I am back at version 12.15